Centre for Business & Economic Research (CBER) recognises the importance of the individual and the value to be gained by knowledge sharing and heuristic learning. Effective leadership needs to be built on honesty and respect, for then it has sure foundations and is better able to elicit trust. Our work is as much about engagement as it is about knowledge sharing. The following articulate some of CBER’s core values:
- Research as a global asset – Those who are addressing the knowledge deficit are playing a pivotal role in helping a better understanding of the world around us. Research should be cherished, challenged and shared.
- Collaborative spirit – We believe that people and organisations have the potential to be more effective when open to working with others. CBER is committed to forging positive and purposeful relations both nationally and internationally.
- Internationalism – No one cultural or part of the world has a monopoly on wisdom and ingenuity. International academic conferences, scholarly journals and training workshops are important vehicles to ensure that ideas are both disseminated and preconceived notions challenged.
- Lifelong Learning – At CBER we believe that firstly we all need to be autodidacts – self-learners and that the road to learning is a continuous one.
- Treading lightly – As global citizens we have a duty to ensure that the decisions we make are mindful of others as well of the natural world.
- Leaders as servants – To be of service to others is not a sentimental notion, but one that should be at the heart of personal and professional leadership.
- Uplifting others – Each us throughout our careers has the power to enlighten and uplift those around us. Let us look daily for opportunities to support and encourage and celebrate the talents and achievements of others.