ICGEEE December-2022About the Conference
Notes for Author
- Presentation timing: A full paper is normally allocated approximately 12 minutes for presentation followed by 3 minutes for questions from the audience. The track chair will keep an eye on the time and will alert you when time is beginning to run short. Please note that we actively encourage constructive questions from the audience. Your co-operation in bringing your presentation to a close within the time specified is essential to the smooth running of the conference and to be fair to other presenters.
- Presentation: The CBER requests that PowerPoint presentations and links for the pre-recorded video clips be sent in good time so that they can be uploaded onto the conference laptop. Please email these with you name and the conference that you are due to present at to email@example.com. It is also a sensible precaution to make sure that you hold a copy of your presentation with you. Any presentation that has not been submitted in time will not be pre-loaded and remain the responsibility of the presenter. Please note that the presentation will be shared via the Zoom screen share option by the presenter.
- Q & A Session: After each session, a live Q & A session will start, and this will be moderated by the Session Chair. This session is limited to only 15 minutes. Therefore, the limited numbers of questions will be accepted. All participants are requested to submit questions by using the Chat option during the presentation before the Q & A session starts. When you send the question (s) please ensure to clearly indicate the name of the presenter, slide number (if any) and the questions.
- Breaks: Due to the nature of the conference, as it is taking place virtually, it is important that we take a short break after each session for 15 minutes. During this break please stand up and stretch, get something to drink and refresh yourself.
- Punctuality -As this is a virtual conference please ensure that you join your session promptly and are aware of the order of speakers from the conference proceedings. Please allow extra time to join online and wait for the session start.
- Conference Tracks: The CBER works assiduously to organize papers to fit in with the relevant tracks. There are occasions when individual authors request that papers be moved to fit in with flights etc. Please note that whilst The CBER will do its level best to accommodate individual needs, it must be mindful of ensuring that the conference as a whole is balanced and appropriately structured.
- Your Name and name of the affiliation: All participants are requested to type their name and the name of the Institution when they join Zoom conference so that we will be able to recognize you immediately.
- Conference proceedings: The conference proceedings- “The Business & Management Review" is open access proceedings which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in the conference proceedings without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. CBER is committed to publishing all full-text articles that accepted for the conference. However, all abstracts are included in the conference “programme & abstract proceedings.”
- Photography: Screenshots will be taken for various sessions, and such screenshot may be used in post-conference publicity and on future marketing materials. A link will be sent to all participants once these photos are uploaded.
- Recording: The whole session or part of the session will be recorded and may be used internal and external purposes. The edited version of the video will be uploaded via relevant YouTube Channel.
- Social media livestreaming: We may Livestream the whole or part of the session for external viewers.
- Conduct: In the event of inappropriate online behaviour by any participants in the view of the Organiser, the participant may be removed from the session and excluded from the conference without refund or compensation.
- Certificate of Participation: Each registered participant who attends the conference in person, shall be awarded a Certificate of contribution worth 15 CPD points. The certificate will have the name of each author with a clear indication of who has presented.
- Authorship: Presenters have a moral obligation to acknowledge all contributions to their paper, both orally at the time of presentation and by referencing authors in papers submitted to the conference.
- Republishing a Presentation: Authors are free to publish their presentation elsewhere without fear of copyright problems and without permission from the CBER.
- Abstract-Only Publications: Authors often elect to publish only the abstract of their presentation in the conference proceedings. This effectively gives the author until the conference date to complete the paper. This also means that the author is free to submit the paper to another journal without copyright consequences. This is possible because the paper has never been published elsewhere since only the abstract was published in the proceedings. CBER does not copyright the proceedings, which means that authors are still free to do as they see fit with the paper. Consequently, authors can claim academic credit for a conference presentation, a refereed conference proceedings publication, and possibly a journal publication from one piece of research. Please note that only the full-text papers are published in the online conference proceedings.